netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What to include/exclude in code donation to Apache
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 07:56:38 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 8:42 AM, Geertjan Wielenga
<geertjan.wielenga@googlemail.com> wrote:
> ...we could try
> this verbiage: "NetBeans source code at hg.netbeans.org, excluding
> hg.netbeans.org/main/nb-javac". I think that's very clear...

Yes, that would work for me.

>From the ASF's point of view my concern is that things must be
sufficiently clear for whoever imports code into our repositories to
objectively decide what to import or not. Statements like the above
one are perfectly fine.

As a contrary example, someone earlier suggested (elsewhere, thanks
for bringing this discussion here now BTW) considering "only files
which are copyright Oracle", that's the kind of qualifier that I find
insufficient as it doesn't say how we can find out about that
copyright. If something like this is needed it should describe a very
clear "filter", like "only files which have an embedded Oracle
copyright header".

-Bertrand