netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Geertjan Wielenga <geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: What to include/exclude in code donation to Apache
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 10:09:15 GMT
Well, the purpose of NetBeans is quite diverse, i.e., it is an open source
development environment, tooling platform, and application framework, all
at the same time.

For organizations like NATO and Boeing, the key purpose of NetBeans is an
application framework, for example. For Gluon, and other organizations
providing plugins, the key purpose of NetBeans is as a tooling platform.

Essentially, on a technical level, indeed, the Java Editor and all editing
features are not core to NetBeans at all, regardless of the purpose of
NetBeans.

Gj