netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Geertjan Wielenga <geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Current status of NetBeans code donation
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 12:28:34 GMT
The point from Oracle's point of view is that there should not be code in
Apache's repositories that is part of the JDK or forked from the JDK or for
some reason or another should not be donated. It's not about the "ASF will
not complain", instead, it's about "Oracle does not want to donate code by
accident that should not be donated".

I have a feeling that the incremental code donation approach might be the
one that ends up being taken, starting from the "org.netbeans" namespace,
which is all the code that we want to have in Apache NetBeans anyway. There
are quite a few different people involved in this, so quite some
discussions, and, for sure, the current draft of the CCLA is not the one
that will be signed.

Apologies for the time this is taking, though note that this was going to
happen sooner or later in the process; I assumed it would be at the end and
now it's taking place in the beginning.

Thanks,

Geertjan