netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Geertjan Wielenga <geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com>
Subject Defining "core" and "optional modules" in Apache NetBeans (incubating)
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2016 10:39:09 GMT
Hi all,

A more fundamental point than the "Optional modules with GPL dependencies"
thread is the question of what is "core" and what is "optional module" in
Apache NetBeans (incubating).

Does there need to be a vote on this to avoid that the discussion about
this keeps on coming back? To the Apache NetBeans (incubating) project, the
"platform" cluster is "core" and all other clusters are "optional modules".

For the meaning of the word "cluster" and so on, as well as a break down of
what constitutes the optional modules in NetBeans, see this Wiki:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Overview%3A+NetBeans+Structure

My point is that BEFORE we vote/whatever the "Optional modules with GPL
dependencies" discussion we need to make sure that we agree on what is and
what is not "optional" so that that discussion doesn't keep on reappearing.

What is the process for this?

Thanks,

Gj