netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Geertjan Wielenga <geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Optional modules with GPL dependencies (was: What to include/exclude in code donation to Apache)
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2016 10:19:55 GMT
On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 6:52 AM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> I don't like to come off as a preacher, so please don't take this the wrong
> way. I am trying to avoid future headaches...

I don't really understand your point. Ate has explained the legal question
that needs to be resolved and Bertrand has started this thread to put focus
on it. I think we all agree that, yes, a legal issue needs to be resolved.

Yes, I think everybody wants to see a resolution to this and clarity on the
position of the "java" cluster in relation to nb-javac.

And part of that is to clarify exactly what we're talking about and hence I
am putting together this:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Overview%3A+NetBeans+Structure

So... what is the point you are trying to re-re-re-reiterate at this stage?
We're all in agreement that this needs to be resolved, aren't we?

Gj