netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Geertjan Wielenga <geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Optional modules with GPL dependencies (was: What to include/exclude in code donation to Apache)
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 15:59:04 GMT
On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 4:51 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

I'm clueless about the NetBeans code structure and what clusters are,

That's precisely why I am putting together this:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Overview%3A+NetBeans+Structure

but do you mean that nb-javac is a (customized?) Java compiler that's
> required to build some parts of NetBeans?

Yes.

Aside from nb-javac (two JARs in total) being needed to build the "java"
cluster, and related non-core clusters, it is needed by end users as well,
which is possible as stated by Ate they "will be required to provide the
nb-javac module themselves during installation".

Gj