netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Geertjan Wielenga <geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: What to include/exclude in code donation to Apache
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 15:13:43 GMT
On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Is Apache Netbeans willing to ship a package that can not contain the
> central part of a Java IDE?

Yes. Indeed. During installation, the user will be able to specify that
they want Java support, at which point nb-javac will be downloaded (from
outside Apache) and installed into the local NetBeans installation. I
imagine the installer will ask which languages the user wants to make use
of, when Java is selected (and note that NetBeans is not only a Java IDE,
many people don't use Java with NetBeans at all, instead, they use PHP or
JavaScript or something else), nb-javac will be installed.

Gj