netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de.INVALID>
Subject Re: Current status of NetBeans code donation
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2016 19:51:50 GMT
It's relevant as this code is part of the hg repo afaiu.
So Oracle cannot just drop the whole hg repo over the fence.

If this conclusio is correct, then we have 2 options imo.
1.) Deductive: either we are back to a git-filter-branch approach. And repeat this until the
remaining parts are clean
2.) Inductive: we start with a fresh git repo and add start to add the core parts after reviewing
class by class.

In any case we need to keep the old hg history around somewhere else it seems?
In the first case we at least should be able to keep the history for the remaining parts.
In the second case we start from scratch without any history

Or did I miss something?

LieGrue,
strub