netbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <wadechand...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Optional modules with GPL dependencies (was: What to include/exclude in code donation to Apache)
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2016 16:22:35 GMT
I think there is “what can be at Apache; source or built artifacts” and “what can my
platform application include in its final build; which isn’t at Apache; even if it uses
an Apache license” and “how can Apache NetBeans help me package my dependencies, per my
choices, regardless of Apache’s business and legal decisions for their own products/projects”.
I think these are inevitably going to be part of the concerns, and perhaps some of yours Neil;
if I’m off base, then fine. However, even if someone has based their product on the full
IDE, and not just the platform, I think we could design the project in such a way that dependencies
could be pre-bundled or not, depending on how things are built, but Apache never do the part
where the dependencies are “included” in an official Apache build. To me, that completely
satisfies the “resolved” page.

Wade