netbeans-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Torsten Römer (Jira) <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (NETBEANS-5532) Project (Keycloak) does not load properly
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2021 10:37:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-5532?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=17313788#comment-17313788
] 

Torsten Römer commented on NETBEANS-5532:
-----------------------------------------

Closing NetBeans, deleting {color:#5454ff}~/.cache/netbeans/12.3{color}, and starting NetBeans
again solved the remaining "cannot find symbol" for me. Now content-assist correctly lists
the types in for example org.keycloak.crypto.*.

Of course, starting and opening the project(s) takes a bit time after deleting the cache -
maybe it is enough to delete particular files from it?

So, is this a problem with stale/invalid classfile cache? Maybe NetBeans cached the classfiles
created by the regular Maven build when I opened the project, but these classfiles don't always
work for NetBeans internally? And when the cache is deleted, nb-javac compiles the classfiles?

> Project (Keycloak) does not load properly
> -----------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: NETBEANS-5532
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-5532
>             Project: NetBeans
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 12.3
>         Environment: *Product Version:* Apache NetBeans IDE 12.3
> *Java:* 14.0.2; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 14.0.2+12-Ubuntu-120.04
> *Runtime:* OpenJDK Runtime Environment 14.0.2+12-Ubuntu-120.04
> *System:* Linux version 5.4.0-70-generic running on amd64; UTF-8; de_DE (nb)
>            Reporter: Torsten Römer
>            Priority: Major
>         Attachments: netbeans-test.tar.gz
>
>
> I did the following:
>  * git clone [https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak.git] (13.0.0-SNAPSHOT)
>  * cd keycloak; mvn clean install -DskipTests (build successful)
>  * Open keycloak-parent and keycloak-services in NetBeans
>  * Created a simple project with a dependency to org.keycloak:keycloak-services
> *Expected behaviour:*
>  * The project(s) are loaded in NetBeans without errors
>  * A project using modules of the Keycloak project as dependency loads/builds properly
> *Observed behaviour:*
>  * keycloak-parent loads fine and all its modules are displayed without "unloadable"
>  * keycloak-services has some errors, for example "cannot find symbol" org.keycloak.connections.httpclient.DefaultHttpClientFactory
in org.keycloak.connections.httpclient.DefaultHttpClientFactoryTest, even though DefaultHttpClientFactory
is present in the same project and package and without error
>  * In a simple, separate project (attached) with a "provided" dependency to keycloak-services,
an import of for example org.keycloak.crypto.ES256SignatureProviderFactory fails as well with
"cannot find symbol" while some other classes in the same package can be loaded like Aes128CbcHmacSha256ContentEncryptionProviderFactory
> *Workaround:*
>  * Open the class(es) that cannot be found, i.e. org.keycloak.connections.httpclient.DefaultHttpClientFactory
>  * Make a change, some whitespace is enough, save the class (it is now compiled by nb-javac
I suppose)
>  => "cannot find symbol" in DefaultHttpClientFactoryTest is gone
>  Doing the same for all other "cannot find symbol" eventually yields the project keycloak-services
to be without errors
>  * Same trick does however not work for org.keycloak.crypto.ES256SignatureProviderFactory
in the separate project, class opens without error but CTRL+O does not find it



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.3.4#803005)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: commits-unsubscribe@netbeans.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: commits-help@netbeans.apache.org

For further information about the NetBeans mailing lists, visit:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Mailing+lists


Mime
View raw message