nemo-dev mailing list archives

From Byung-Gon Chun <bgc...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Showcase your project at ApacheCON at a Podling's Shark Tank
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2019 11:05:32 GMT
Nemoers,

Sounds like a good opportunity.
Since John's giving a talk at ApacheCon, maybe he can also participate in
the Shark Tank?

Cheers,
Gon

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org>
Date: Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 5:45 AM
Subject: Showcase your project at ApacheCON at a Podling's Shark Tank
To: general <general@incubator.apache.org>, Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org

Hi Podlings!

in less than a month we're going to have our first
ApacheCON this year -- the one in Las Vegas. In
about two month there will be one more in Berlin.

These are not your regular ApacheCONs -- these are
20th Anniversary of ASF ApacehCONs! In other words,
these are not to be missed!

And even if your talk didn't get accepted -- you still
get an opportunity to highlight your project to, what's
likely going to be the biggest audience attending.

Here's how: if you (or any community member who's
passionate about your project) are going to be at either
of those ApacheCONs consider signing up for
    Podling's Shark Tank
events:
    https://www.apachecon.com/acna19/s/#/scheduledEvent/1038
    https://aceu19.apachecon.com/session/podlings-shark-tank

Each project presenting will get ~10 min for the pitch and ~5 min
of panel grilling them on all sorts of things. Kind of like this ;-)
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmenN7NEdBc

You've got nothing to lose (in fact, the opposite: you're likely to get
a prize!) and you will get a chance to receive feedback that might
actually help you grow your community and ultimately graduate to the
TLP status. And! Given our awesome panel of judges:
     * Myrle Krantz
     * Justin Mclean
     * Craig Russel
     * Shane Curcuru
We guarantee this to be a fun and useful event for your community!

We will be tracking signups over here:
     https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACNA19PodlingSharkTank
     https://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ACEU19PodlingSharkTank
but for now:

SIMPLY REPLY TO THIS EMAIL if you're interested.

It is first come, first serve -- so don't delay -- sign up today!

Thanks,
Roman.

--
Byung-Gon Chun