nemo-dev mailing list archives

From Haeyoon Cho <chohy0...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC proposal: Empower Nemo I/O with new hardwares and off-heap memory
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2019 09:03:43 GMT
Hi,

This is Haeyoon Cho, applying for GSoC 2019 to work on Apache Nemo.
I have submitted my GSoC proposal, and it would be very nice if I can get
some comments regarding the proposal. This is the link.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/13Gs4nqU54hDP_EHTlBGMhxuzZf4BMN95I-0ci5m4lTo/edit?usp=sharing>

To sum up the topic, the goal is to optimize Nemo regarding the I/O by
following approach:

   1. Integrating Apache Crail into Apache Nemo (NEMO-351
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NEMO-351>)
   2. Utilizing off-heap memory (NEMO-350
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NEMO-350> and NEMO-370
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NEMO-370>)

For the third topic(NEMO-370
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NEMO-370>), I still have to do some
experiments whether this will actually cause meaningful performance gain.
If you have any better ideas, please let me know.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Haeyoon