myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Voß, Marko <marko.v...@cgi.com>
Subject AW: Browser-Support for Tobago 5
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2019 15:15:36 GMT
Hello,

you could make use of NPM and Babel (https://babeljs.io) or the like to transform your JS
to the supported version. So the written JS and the resulting JS do not need to be the same.

Greetings,
Marko

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Udo Schnurpfeil <lofwyr@apache.org>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 9. April 2019 14:36
An: MyFaces Development <dev@myfaces.apache.org>; MyFaces Discussion <users@myfaces.apache.org>
Betreff: Browser-Support for Tobago 5

Hi folks,

Tobago 5 is now under development and the plan is to refactor all the JavaScript code to TypeScript.
With this, we want to clean up code and throw old workarounds away.

The basic idea is to write TypeScript and generate a compatible JavaScript for all supported
browsers. But it turns out, that it's a bit easier to implement and much easier to make "clean"
code and project setup, when we require ECMAScript6. ES6 is widely supported by all current
browsers, but not by the Internet Explorer 11 (is still supported by Microsoft and used in
some enterprise environment).

The release date of Tobago 5 seems to be later this year.

As a solution, I would prefer to remove IE11 support for Tobago 5 and support Tobago 4 a longer
time (with bugfixes and backports).

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Udo