myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Udo Schnurpfeil <udo.schnurpf...@irian.eu>
Subject Re: Browser-Support for Tobago 5
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2019 07:24:17 GMT
Hi Marko,

thanks for your suggestion. Actually we use Babel for Tobago (current
master development), but for me Babeldoes not keep what it promises.
There are some language features in TypeScript/ES6 than can't be
translated to ES5. So, we have to decide to program in a "modern and
clean" way, or doing workarounds all the day...

Regards,

Udo

Am 09.04.19 um 17:15 schrieb Voß, Marko:
> Hello,
>
> you could make use of NPM and Babel (https://babeljs.io) or the like to transform your
JS to the supported version. So the written JS and the resulting JS do not need to be the
same.

> Greetings,
> Marko

to TypeScript. With this, we want to clean up code and throw old workarounds away.

> The basic idea is to write TypeScript and generate a compatible JavaScript for all supported
browsers. But it turns out, that it's a bit easier to implement and much easier to make "clean"
code and project setup, when we require ECMAScript6. ES6 is widely supported by all current
browsers, but not by the Internet Explorer 11 (is still supported by Microsoft and used in
some enterprise environment).

> The release date of Tobago 5 seems to be later this year.
>
> As a solution, I would prefer to remove IE11 support for Tobago 5 and support Tobago
4 a longer time (with bugfixes and backports).

--
Dipl.-Math. Udo Schnurpfeil - Managing Director
IRIAN Deutschland GmbH - Koppelstr. 4a - 26135 Oldenburg - Germany