myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de.INVALID>
Subject Re: MyFaces 2.2.10 and Red Hat EAP 6.4.8 issue with memory leak of @viewscope
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2016 07:04:04 GMT
The main point is: if I have my very own Object I put into the Session myself. And for whatever
reason I create an InjectionTarget and apply CDI Injection into it. Then this _must not leak_.
The specs (CDI & Servlet) are very clear about that.

LieGrue,
strub

On Monday, 5 September 2016, 8:18, Thony Lundin <thony.lundin@tieto.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>

>thankful for every effort, we have solved it temporarily by having a sessionscope bean
that keeps tracks of the viewscope beans for each user session. When session expires the sessionscope
bean is properly called and we cleanup the references ourselves but this is a "dirty" fix
since viewscopes lives now as long as session (which it should not do in many cases) and in
fact we should not have to care about cleaning references ourselves :)

>Red Hat did some fix in EAP 6.1.1 (I believe) related to leaking viewscopes but for some
reason I think that fix was done on mojarra side, nothing was changed in JBossWeb (as far
as I know).

>Regards,
>Thony
>

>On 5 September 2016 at 08:02, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
>
>Having glanced over the jboss code, I suspect they will have mem leaks with Mojarra as
well. Maybe that helps. I know a few people from JBoss, will try to ping one of them.

>>LieGrue,
>>Strub
>>
>>> Am 01.09.2016 um 15:24 schrieb Leonardo Uribe <lu4242@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I'm cc to MyFaces users list, because these issues should be discussed
>>> there.
>>>
>>> It is a known issue, in resume it is JBossWeb fault, because that map
>>> should be a WeakHashMap but synchronized, to ensure the instances are
>>> discarded when the beans are serialised into session (in that case destroy
>>> will not be called). The fix should be done in WebInjectionContainer, but
>>> set org.apache.myfaces.SERIALIZE_ STATE_IN_SESSION
>>> <https://myfaces.apache.org/ core20/myfaces-impl/webconfig. html#org_apache_myfaces_
SERIALIZE_STATE_IN_SESSION>