myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons: mc:exporterActionListener: Converters
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 17:03:32 GMT
Sorry for the late reply.

I don't use the commons exporter, but you could take a look at the
source code and determine if there's something more you can do.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/commons/trunk/myfaces-commons-components/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/commons/exporter/

The data conversion is specifically handled in

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/commons/trunk/myfaces-commons-components/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/commons/exporter/util/ComponentUtils.java
in getStringValue().

It looks like you might be able to define converters for the base data
types under some situations, but I haven't tried it.
We are certainly willing to apply patches to improve the API if you
have something specific in mind.

It also looks like we are lacking in decent documentation for this
component, and we'd gladly accept contributions in that area as well.