myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javax.faces.ViewState autocomplete
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 19:31:59 GMT
Am 09.01.15 um 11:58 schrieb Dan Østerberg:
> Hi,
>
> We have a JSF application where we mainly use ViewScoped beans, and add no-cache headers
for all JSF pages. Navigating back to a previous page correctly recreates the beans, and renders
new HTML, with a new ViewState ID. But... some browsers "autocomplete" some of the hidden
ViewState inputs, overriding the new value with an old ViewState value. We have verified this
in the browser dev-tools by looking at the response, which is correct, and the resulting HTML
which is not.

> In short, this is a known autocomplete issue, which Mojarra has fixed since 1.2, by adding
'autocomplete="off"' to the hidden ViewState input. Plus a context parameter "com.sun.faces.autoCompleteOffOnViewState"
for opting not to use it, since it results in invalid XHTML. Adding 'pa:autocomplete="off"'
explicitly to the whole form also fixes this issue. However, at least the MyFaces version
that we use (2.2.4) doesn't add this attribute, and doesn't seem to have any corresponding
configuration either. We also failed to google up alternatives/explanations for this issue
explicitly in MyFaces. Naturally, we would like to avoid javascript hacks and custom components
and renderers.

> So the question is - are we missing something? Or should MyFaces be patched to simply
render 'autocomplete="off"' for its hidden javax.faces.ViewState inputs?

> Thanx,
> Dan Østerberg

Hi this looks like a bug to me, please file a bugreport in the MyFaces
Bugtracker.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/myfaces

Kind regards

Werner Punz