myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Ludovic Pénet <l.pe...@senat.fr>
Subject Re: ViewScoped bean created multiple times?
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2014 12:13:35 GMT
I would rather use @Named / @Inject, which are more powerful than @ManagedBean / @ManagedProperty.
You can inject more stuff, in more places with less side effects. You would have less side
effects with properties serialization and such things.

I also usually prefer Deltaspike @ViewAccessScoped to @ViewScope. With @ViewAccessScoped,
your bean will live as long as it is used during user navigation. I find it more handier than
@ViewScoped and even @FlowScoped, as it requires no configuration.

Finally, I stopped doing bean init stuff in constructors. Objects are instantiated during
serialization. I prefer to use @PostConstruct for init and @PreDestroy for termination stuff.

Hope this helps.

Ludovic

Le 7 novembre 2014 22:22:07 UTC+01:00, "Bjørn T Johansen" <btj@havleik.no> a écrit