myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SERIALIZE_STATE_IN_SESSION - What does it do?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 20:18:53 GMT
Hi

Check if your view scope managed beans implements Serializable interface.
When SERIALIZE_STATE_IN_SESSION, it forces serialization of all view scope
beans, and if you have not marked them as Serializable, the values will get
lost. In a cluster, it is possible to find configurations where a session
is serialized and deserialized, so SERIALIZE_STATE_IN_SESSION help with
that scenario, to avoid exceptions later when the session is deserialized.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe