myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Kim.Cal...@OneAmerica.com
Subject Old data diplayed after x minutes of inactivity
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 20:29:45 GMT
First some background on our environment:

We are using WebSphere 8.5..5.2  (recently migrated from WebSphere 6.1)
Our session timeout in WebSphere is 45 minutes
We are using CA's SiteMinder for authentication.  It's timeout is set to
30 minutes.
We are using MyFaces 2.1.13 (recently migrated from MyFaces 1.1.4)
We are still using JSPs, not Facelets
Our STATE_SAVING_METHOD is set to Server.

Our issue:

We have a search page that takes users to a search results page displaying
the results.   The user can then click a commandLink in the search results
get details about the specific result.    As long as the user is actively
working in our site,  everything works fine.   But, if the user is
inactive for 10 - 15 minutes
and then does a new search, the search results page displays the correct
results, but when the user clicks the commandLink, the details displayed
are
for a previous result.    We have not been able to recreate this issue in
our test environment, but can consistently recreate it in our production
environment.

Has anyone experienced this issue?   Any tips for how to debug this type
of issue when we can't recreate it in test?

Thanks

Kim Calvin
Sr Systems Consultant - Web Solutions
OneAmerica
P.O. Box 368
Indianapolis, IN 46206
Phone: (317) 285-2401
Fax:      (317) 285-7696
Kim.Calvin@oneamerica.com

OneAmerica companies:
AUL | State Life | OneAmerica Securities |
McCready and Keene | PML | AUL RMS

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which the transmission is addressed. Any interception may be a violation of
law. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the document.