myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Alexey Shakov <alexey.sha...@menta.de>
Subject Re: Apache ExtVal: Annotation "@BeanValidation(useGroups = SkipValidation.class)" has no effect for properties, annotated with @Column
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 10:24:41 GMT
Hi Gerhard,

which version of extval-bypass add-on is compatible with extval 2.0.7?

I'm trying to use following maven configuration:

<repository>
       <id>googlecode.com</id>
<url>http://os890-m2-repository.googlecode.com/svn/tags/os890</url>
</repository>

<dependency>
       <groupId>at.gp.web.jsf.extval </groupId>
<artifactId>extval-annotation-based-bypass-validation</artifactId>
       <version>1.2.2</version>
</dependency>

But it seems, like this version is not compatible with extval 2.0.7

Best regards,

Alexey

Am 12.11.2013 16:12, schrieb Gerhard Petracek:
> hi alexey,
>
> if it used to work, it should still work -> please file an issue and i'll
> check it.
> (it would be great, if you can provide a simple demo-app which illustrates
> the issue.)
>
> regards,
> gerhard
>
> http://www.irian.at
>
> Your JSF/JavaEE powerhouse -
> JavaEE Consulting, Development and
> Courses in English and German
>
> Professional Support for Apache MyFaces
>

> 2013/11/12 Alexey Shakov <alexey.shakov@menta.de>
>
>> Hi Gerhard,
>>
>> thank you for the explanation, i understand the background.
>>
>> But what would be the solution for my problem?
>> I use validation constraints in the form of jpa, jsr-303 and also
>> extval-specific annotations. All I need is just to skip JSF-Validation of
>> empty fields for some GUI-Actions (immediate=true is not an option, since i
>> need intermediately save the values in my conversation-scoped bean).
>>
>> Earlier (with MyFaces 1.2.x) I've used extval with bypass-addon for this
>> purpose. Since MyFaces  2.1.x this combination does not work.
>>
>> Can you give please some hints? I think, it is a very common case for each
>> more or less complicated web-app, when the user fills the properties of
>> some session- (or conversation-) scoped) java-bean having intermediate
>> Ajax-requests (JSF-Actions) at the background.
>>
>> Thank you in advance for your help.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Alexey
>>
>> Am 11.11.2013 23:40, schrieb Gerhard Petracek:
>>
>>   hi alexey,
>>> #1 is supported by [1]
>>> and
>>> #2 is supported by [2]
>>>
>>> extval started with [1] and [2] was added later on (once bv was finished).
>>> extval itself doesn't force specific constraint-rules (-> it was possible
>>> to support #1 with [1]).
>>> however, since [2] delegates most parts to the bv-implementation of your
>>> choice and bv forces specific constraint-rules, [2] can't support #1.
>>> (fyi: a jpa-provider can support #2 as well)
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> gerhard
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/extensions/
>>> validator/trunk/validation-modules/property-validation/
>>> [2]