myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <smithh032...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT but still JSF]: Clustering, session replication, and database, too
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2013 12:35:22 GMT
On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:

> This can also be very helpful to 'scale out' in case you need performance:
>
> All write stuff is only performed on the master node, but expensive
> queries/searches might be performed on the n replication nodes. Of course
> this needs a special handling in your app, but allows to move the expensive
> queries away from your primary node.

hmmm, had a question or two, or seeking clarification (or a bit more
details or even a reference to a blog/article/document).

1. scale-out usually mean different physical servers? scaling out multiple
databases on one physical server, usually (or I would assume) means that
the hard drive becomes the bottleneck, if hard drive contain multiple
databases. right?

2. hmmm, had another question, if I remember it, then I can ask it later.