myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <smithh032...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT but still JSF]: Clustering, session replication, and database, too
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:19:15 GMT
On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 7:07 AM, Howard W. Smith, Jr. <
smithh032772@gmail.com> wrote:

> hmmm, avoid database replication.

honestly, I think HA-JDBC[1] (clustering the database) is all I really
need, because my app is quite fast, and only bottleneck is database layer.
I have seen David Blevins or Mark Struberg say that they reverted to
caching much of the data from database (in memory, on startup, I
guess/assume) to improve performance, but i wonder if caching the data is
really (really) necessary/recommended...

[1] http://ha-jdbc.github.io/