myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance params
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 23:24:59 GMT
Hi Kito

2013/10/31 Kito Mann <kito.mann@virtua.com>

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a couple of questions about performance parameters:
>
> · org.apache.myfaces.SUPPORT_JSP_AND_FACES_EL
>
> How significant is the performance improvement for a Facelet page if this
> is turned off?

This param avoids execute JSF 1.0 EL code, and disable jsp vdl, so EL
expressions runs faster. The effect in performance is small but noticeable.

> · org.apache.myfaces.VIEW_UNIQUE_IDS_CACHE_ENABLED
>
> If I understand this correctly, this is only useful after a specific user
> has already reached the maximum number of views stored in the session, or
> am I missing something?

This flag enables ids storage at facelet handler level. The effect is it
increase
the size of the compiled facelet in memory (because all generated ids for
the compiled facelet are stored in that level) but it gives a significant
performance
improvement in both memory and speed. In 2.1.x/2.0.x it is disabled by
default,
but in 2.2.x the idea is enable it by default, because there are no side
effects,
and the current code has been well tested.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe

___