myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Ertio Lew <ertio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FacesServlet.service() method eating too much time while serving requests (high self-time) ?!
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 19:38:25 GMT
As pointed out by @mkienenb in his answer at StackOverflow[here
http://stackoverflow.com/a/18700523/530153], during the above profiling
test I excluded the org.apache.myfaces methods, so I did a fresh profiling
test & I'm posting below the new result snapshot.

[image: enter image description here]

But you can still see that a lot of time overhead is caused due to Self
times of Myfaces/JSF methods. I'm sure that my code isn't being included in
these self times because while profiling I filtered out only the core Java
classes, so all my methods are included & also I can see them in the
snapshot. For e.g. px10.channelController.init() is the method that
retrieves from database & process all data to be shown for page.