myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <smithh032...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions about JSFCentral - Understanding JSF 2.0 Performance - Part 3
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 12:31:33 GMT
First of all, kudos for the following blog/post:

JSFCentral - Understanding JSF 2.0 Performance - Part 3[1]

I started reading this, and not done yet.

>> Instead, it's more interesting to check the ability of a web framework
to deal with effects like concurrency and get an idea of the overhead
involved in using a web framework against the fastest possible solution in
Java.

So far, I'm seeing, possibly, latest releases of open source software used
in the test...except for the JDK. Does 'fastest possible solution in Java'
= JDK6.0.30?

JDK7 has been available for quite some time and I know I'm using JDK7
(latest version, always), and JDK8 is out there and around the corner.

Is there any reason why Java = JDK6.0.30 in the tests?

[1] http://www.jsfcentral.com/articles/understanding_jsf_performance_3.html