Hello Sandeep The core dump says that no encoding has been set, so try to add on top of your xhtml file your encoding, so for example: or Regards, Roland -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- Von: Sandeep Gupta [mailto:sgupta@anantadvantages.com] Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. Juni 2013 08:04 An: users@myfaces.apache.org Betreff: Trinidad: Null pointer exception in trinidad Hi I am using trinidad 2.0 in Jboss AS7 environment (JSF builtin Jboss) on windows . I am trying to upload a file to server using trinidad fileupload (tr:inputFile) component. When the form is submitted to server on pressing a commandButton, I get Nullpointer exception. I have tried using tomahawk inputFileUpload component instaed of trinidad component for inputfile but the NPE remains same. Any help/pointers to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated. rgds Sandeep Gupta java.lang.NullPointerException org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.config.upload.UploadRequestWrapper.setCharacterEncoding(UploadRequestWrapper.java:83) com.sun.faces.context.ExternalContextImpl.setRequestCharacterEncoding(ExternalContextImpl.java:212) javax.faces.context.ExternalContextWrapper.setRequestCharacterEncoding(ExternalContextWrapper.java:561) javax.faces.context.ExternalContextWrapper.setRequestCharacterEncoding(ExternalContextWrapper.java:561) javax.faces.application.ViewHandler.initView(ViewHandler.java:488) com.sun.faces.application.view.MultiViewHandler.initView(MultiViewHandler.java:111) javax.faces.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.initView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:274) javax.faces.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.initView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:274) com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.doPhase(RestoreViewPhase.java:115) com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:118) javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:593) Here is my attachFile.xhtml Choose File Here is relevant portions of web.xml trinidad org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter trinidad faces Faces Servlet javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet 1 faces javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet resources org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.ResourceServlet Faces Servlet *.xhtml Faces Servlet *.jsf resources /adf/*