myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add 'Stateless JSF' to MyFaces Core? Is it really necessary?
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 23:10:03 GMT
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM, Leonardo Uribe <lu4242@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is good to know how a user expect to use this feature, so I'll keep in
> mind it the suggestions.

While I didn't previously have any need for stateless JSF, I might
need it in the future.

I've been asked to consider converting a struts/velocity web app I
wrote many years ago to JSF.  Conversion of velocity struts to
facelets is straight-forward.  However, struts is stateless, and
attempting to convert a struts application to stateful JSF would be
painful, as every struts request/response is independent of the next
one.   I'm kind of hoping that stateless JSF might work out better.