myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add 'Stateless JSF' to MyFaces Core? Is it really necessary?
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 23:00:01 GMT
Hi

Anyway, "transient" attribute was added in JSF 2.2, but there are not
strong enough reasons to add it to myfaces 2.1.x, which is the main
question of this thread.

Just for the record, there is a small difference when f:view
transient="true" is used. When there is a validation error, since there is
no view state, the previous values of the fields are not saved on the
component tree, but remember those values are sent as request parameters.
It doesn't suppose a problem, but in some cases it is relevant to keep it
in mind. Also, without view state token there is no built-in csrf
protection, but that could not suppose a problem too.

It is good to know how a user expect to use this feature, so I'll keep in
mind it the suggestions.

regards,

Leonardo