myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSF 2.2
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:53:20 GMT
Hi

2013/6/18 Ian Trimble <ian.trimble@oracle.com>:
> Leonardo,
>
> The project facet framework's library provider system doesn't do Maven, it expects to
be pointed at a ZIP containing one or more JARs (it doesn't know how to handle a JAR directly
- something that may need to be looked into in the future.)

Yes, I know. Just download the binary distribution from:

http://myfaces.apache.org/download.html

take the jars inside (myfaces-api and myfaces-impl or just myfaces-bundle)

> I can't find anything about JSF 2.2 on the site, the latest I see is MyFaces 2.1.21.
Is it too early to expect JSF 2.2? Are there plans for MyFaces to support JSF 2.2?

There are work in progress for MyFaces 2.2, but it will take some
time. There are some features already working, but they require some
review before close the issue.

> Why do you think you should install MyFaces JARs manually when using WTP? We've been
providing download links when installing the JSF facet for years; is this not something you
feel our project should be doing for some reason?

I remember had some problems long time ago when using WTP and maven
together. Install MyFaces jars manually is the best because a lot of
things have happened over the time, and the latest artifacts are
considered the most stable ones.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe

> Thanks,
>  - Ian

Project users can get MyFaces 2.2 when adding the JSF facet to projects, but I can't find
MyFaces 2.2 anywhere. Does it even exist?