myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Kempff, Malte" <Malte.Kem...@de.equens.com>
Subject java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/jstl/core/Config
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 15:30:39 GMT

Hi to all,
The sample JFS using MyFaces Core 2.0.2 seems o work.
Now I wanted to try out, if it can handle the default page that is configured in web.xml by
enhancing
Welcme file list or even replace it.
<welcome-file-list>
  <!--  <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>default.html</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>default.htm</welcome-file>
    <welcome-file>default.jsp</welcome-file>
  -->
    <welcome-file>login.xhtml</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>

When I  use the URL
http://localhost:8080/CMK_JSF_TEST/
nothing is happening than a blank screen
when I use
http://localhost:8080/CMK_JSF_TEST/faces/
I get this error (and also an interesting error screen that gives me a nice overview.

javax.faces.FacesException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/jstl/core/Config
       at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.context.ExceptionHandlerImpl.wrap(ExceptionHandlerImpl.java:241)
       at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.context.ExceptionHandlerImpl.handle(ExceptionHandlerImpl.java:156)
       at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:258)
       at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:191)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
       at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
       at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
       at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:861)
       at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:606)
       at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/jstl/core/Config
       at org.apache.myfaces.view.jsp.JspViewDeclarationLanguage.buildView(JspViewDeclarationLanguage.java:86)
       at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.RenderResponseExecutor.execute(RenderResponseExecutor.java:66)
       at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:239)
       ... 13 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.core.Config
       at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1680)
       at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1526)
       ... 16 more

Now I have two questions:

1.       When I see his exception it reminds me of the message getting in the start up:
21.05.2013 16:52:42 org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator startLib
INFO: MyFaces-package : jsp-api not found.
Am I right that I need to install some further stuff of MyFaces and what is it exactly?

2.       I am wondering that Tomcat does not use its possibilities, since I know that Tomcat
has its own implementation of JSP in general, because I also played with JSP before as well...
Do I suspect correctly, that using JSF somehow needs a separate special implementation concerning
JSP? If so, how is that explained technically?

Thanks a lot for hints and answers in advance

Malte

Disclaimer: The contents of this electronic mail message are only binding upon Equens or its
affiliates, if the contents of the message are accompanied by a lawfully recognised type of
signature. The contents of this electronic mail message are privileged and confidential and
are intended only for use by the addressee. If you have received this electronic mail message
by error, please notify the sender and delete the message without taking notices of its content,