myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <>
Subject Re: @Singleton @Lock(READ) to resolve, Could not instantiate converter ...
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2013 16:45:04 GMT
On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 12:16 PM, José Luis Cetina <>wrote:

> 2. The way i use the converter are in separeted classes and in each
> converter if i need an ejb injected (limitation of jsf 2.1 this is "fixed"
> in jsf 2.2 ) i use Apache CODI for get the reference of my ejb or i do a
> lookup using jndi. Using like this way all my converters are classes
> annotated with facesconverter that i can reuse in any jsf page using the
> converter tag or if the component provide a converter attribute i use the
> name of the facesconverter and with this i dont have create an instance of
> the converter in any managedbean, my app have more than 40 converters in
> this way without any problem . IMO i dont see why you want to use static
> converter.

Trust me, i do 'not' want to use 'static', but it works-as-designed, right
now. Your response/implementation is interesting. I thought that Apache
CODI may be able to resolve this issue, but I recently removed Apache CODI
from my project, as I didn't need it anymore, since someone else initiated
a thread/topic about using bean manager instead of Apache CODI's bean
manager. I'm wonder if I can use the container's bean manager instead of
Apache CODI bean manager. I will try to implement as you mentioned above.
Thanks Jose.