myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Gonzalez <adr_gonza...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: CODI ViewAccessScoped issue with EAR on JBoss 7.1.x
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 21:51:08 GMT
Hi Denis,

I've already checked your post (very instructive, thanks).
I'm sure SINGLE_CLASSLOADER for ear will resolve this issue.
Problem is I don't know how to specify it in JBoss AS 7 (I don't think it's supported - JBoss
always creates an isolated classloader for each war)

Going to use your instructions for WAS in the future (I'm using both JBoss AS 7 and WAS 8).
For the moment, no problem with WAS 8 and ear packaging, everything is under WEB-INF/lib (no
EJB Timer for the moment).

BTW, updated sample app (moved codi to ear) : it's in ear branch
https://github.com/gonzalad/codi-ear-viewaccessscoped/tree/ear

If I don't find a packaging solution, perhaps I'll give a try modifying locally CODI code,
but not sure which approach is best (the 3rd one perhaps but not sure it will work ;( ) :
Sorry those are rough notes, and I don't master CDI :
 1. modify ClassUtils.getClassloader
   add a configurationparameter to return ClassUtils.class.getClassloader().
   cons : we're still relying on classloader and potentially will have a pb with another
appserver.
 2. remove @JsfPhaseListener and rely on classic phaseListeners configured with faces-config.xml
   cons : non CDI
 3. use CDI to communicate phaseListener class in CODI consumeJsfPhaseListener
   i.e. we could perhaps add dynamically a bean or producer of type Class with a custom
annotation, i.e. @JsfPhaseListener Class.
   then in consumer, we @Inject @JsfPhaseListener Instance<Class> jsfPhaseListenerClasses
   Afterwards, we instanciate phaseListener iterating on jsfPhaseListenerClasses.iterator().
   cons : make a test with a JsfPhaseListener1 in webapp1 and JSFPhaseListener2 in webapp2,
both being in the same EAR.
   Check that webapp1 has only listener JsfPhaseListener1 and not both of them.