myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "l.penet@senat.fr" <l.pe...@senat.fr>
Subject Re: Jsf Hibernate problem in SelectOneList event
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 13:35:15 GMT
On 30/01/2013 14:05, Giri Prasad wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>   I have a very simple jsf page and a backing bean for this jsf, which is implemented
in hibernate using Netbeans.

>   <Select> button does properly populate the list box. <Details> button does
display the debug message in glassfish log, when no entry in list box is chosen.

>   After I press <Select>, choose a entry from the list, pressing <Detail>
button, is not executing the backing bean function 'studDet()'. On this situation, the screen
just refreshes, the list goes empty, and the backing bean function is not executed.

>   The same backing bean function ['studDet()']  is executed when nothing is selected
from the list. Apparently the logic when implemented via jpa seems to work just perfectly
correctly.

> Can any one provide your insights, as why this problem is occuring. Thanks in advance.
I recently had a problem with jsf+hibernate, with another control from
the selectOneXXX family (see
http://forum.primefaces.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27919#p88162 and later)

My problem was that I was comparing "real" objects and "hibernate proxy"
objects. The standard java equals function just fails in this case. I do
not see how you fetch your objects, but this might be the case.

Your problem might also be simplier. I am also a bit surprised that you
return a list of SelectItem as value for your f:selectItems.

Let say that you have a Student type.
You will then have a

     List<Student> getStudentList()

method and a custom Converter to propertly manage the String <-> Object
mapping.

Your selectedItem property should in this case also be of Student type.

Hope this helps,

Ludovic