myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Michael Möller <michael.moel...@cewecolor.de>
Subject HTML entities are removed?
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 10:01:27 GMT
Hi all,

We are tying to migrate from Mojarra 2.0.2 to MyFaces 2.1.10 and made a strange observation
regarding entities.
Any entities are accepted by the parser but only valid XML entities are rendered into the
output. E.g. '&gt;' or '&#160;' are rendered into the output as expected, but '&nbsp;'
or '&ouml;' are skipped. Even '&foobar;' is accepted but not rendered.

We are using the doctype definition:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"

If we add entity definitions directly to the doctype declaration then these entities are rendered
correctly.
E.g.
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"
[
    <!ENTITY nbsp "&#160;">
]>
will ensure that &nbsp; is rendered correctly. But for sure we can not add all valid xhtml1-transitional
entities to our doctype declaration.

Is there a configuration switch for getting the Mojarra behavior without changing all XHTML
files?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Michael

--
Michael Möller, Dipl.-Inform. - OPS Software Development
  CeWe Color AG & Co. OHG, Meerweg 30-32, 26133 Oldenburg

OHG mit Sitz in Oldenburg; Registergericht Oldenburg HR A 1548;
Persönlich haftende geschäftsführende Gesellschafterin: Neumüller CeWe Color Stiftung,
Oldenburg
Vorstand: Dr. Rolf Hollander, Vorsitzender; Harald H. Pirwitz, Felix Thalmann, Frank Zweigle,
Dr. Michael Fries;
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Reiner Fageth, Andreas F.L. Heydemann, Dr. Olaf Holzkämper

Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: CeWe Color Holding AG, Oldenburg, Registergericht Oldenburg
HR B 2956
Vorstand: Dr. Rolf Hollander, Vorsitzender; Andreas F.L. Heydemann, Dr. Reiner Fageth, Dr.
Olaf Holzkämper
Aufsichtsrat: Otto Korte, Vorsitzender