myfaces-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <f:ajax> and IE8
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 13:13:18 GMT
Ok I now changed the way the xmlhttprequest object is generated
to the ActiveX fallback if XMLHttpRequest is not found.

http://people.apache.org/~werpu/testProject3.tar.bz2

is the project with the changes.

Check if it works.

Werner


Am 18.12.12 13:52, schrieb Werner Punz:
> Hi this looks like a config problem, could it be that the security
> settings on your companies machines block the XMLHttpRequest object.
>
> Just to be precise, does it fail strictly on that line?
>
> var _ret = new XMLHttpRequest();
>
> or later?
>
> Werner
>
>
>
> Am 18.12.12 13:24, schrieb Bashirazad, Wahid:
>> Hi,
>> This is the output on the scripting console:
>> LOG: starting send
>> LOG: defining scope This
>> LOG: scope This done
>> LOG: Error:Objekt erwartet
>> TypeError: Objekt erwartet
>>
>> When I start debugging into the scripts, in standard mode the error
>> occurs in _Runtime.js(374):
>>
>> var _ret = new XMLHttpRequest();
>>
>> In the compatibility mode the debugger takes another route into
>> jsf.js(947) and calls
>> new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");
>>
>> I hope you can help us with this information to fix the error.
>>
>> Regards
>> Wahid
>>
>>
>> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
>> Von: Werner Punz [mailto:werner.punz@gmail.com]
>> Gesendet: Montag, 17. Dezember 2012 10:02
>> An: users@myfaces.apache.org
>> Betreff: Re: <f:ajax> and IE8
>>
>> Am 15.12.12 15:45, schrieb Werner Punz:
>>>> tried your test project with the same result. It works only in the
>>>> compatibility mode of IE8. The Same error in the standard mode.
>>>>
>>>> BUT, when I remove the XHTML DocType line both tests work fine!!!
>>>>
>>>> Are you sure that you are not in the compatibility mode in your XP test
>>>> environment? The error occurs not only on my local PC but also on every
>>>> other IE8 XP installation in our company.
>>>>
>>>> Kind regards
>>>> Wahid
>>>>
>>> Hi I tried now with various patch levels of IE 8 on XP, again no
>>> failure. I will give you a custom project on monday with more detailed
>>> debugging output so that I can get an idea what is happenening there.
>>
>> Hi I added another testproject which does have a split import of the
>> entire ajax framework with detailed console output of the part where I
>> think it fails:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~werpu/testProject2.tar.bz2
>>
>> You can start it the same way as before.
>> Following: please open your debugging console with f12 enable javascript
>> debugging and then give me the last 2-3 lines of the console output
>> before it fails, this gives me the exact location where the problem is
>> raised.
>> You also can debug into it by setting a breakpoint on following section.
>> File _AjaxRequest.js line 199 function send, then you can step through
>> and tell me more detailed on where the object excpected error is thrown.
>>
>> Again thanks for your patience we will nail this down and fix it.
>>
>>
>>
>> Werner
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>



Mime
View raw message