myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Bashirazad, Wahid" <Wahid.Bashira...@arag.de>
Subject AW: <f:ajax> and IE8
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 14:58:24 GMT
You're right, the native XMLHTTP Support is disabled and that's the reason why Ajax doesn't
work. I can also confirm that with your changes in Myfaces scripts the Ajax call works fine
without enabling the XMLHTTP setting.

Thanks a lot for your investigation.

Regards
Wahid

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Werner Punz [mailto:werner.punz@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2012 14:45
An: users@myfaces.apache.org
Betreff: Re: <f:ajax> and IE8

Just to answer myself, I turned off XMLHttpRequest on IE8 and
finally was able to reproduce the error.
Now there are two solutions.
For a quick fix, turn on XMLHttpRequest under  Tools -> Internet Options
-> Advanced Tab -> Scroll down to Security -> Check 'Enable Native
XMLHTTP Support'.

This will turn on XMLHttpRequest again, for a long fix, as it seems the
xmlhttprequest fallback to ActiveX even works in Strict mode for IE8, I
will enable the fallback mode in MyFaces so that the ActiveX mode is
chosen instead if no window.XMLHttpRequest object is present.

Werner