myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Leonardo Uribe <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TomEE/MyFaces: 75040 is not a valid value for property totalMilesInOther
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 17:06:55 GMT
Hi

I can remember this issue. It is related to the way how EL expressions
are resolved. In some cases, EL cannot get the type of the expression
(sometimes return null, or the property comes from a map), so
f:convertNumber cannot guess the type properly.

In those cases, the solution is use <mcc:convertNumber> from myfaces
commons and set destType property to java.lang.Integer:

http://myfaces.apache.org/commons20/myfaces-converters20/tagdoc/mcc_convertNumber.html

regards,

Leonardo Uribe