myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Christian Beikov <christian.bei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CODI] CODI v1.0.5 + WebSphere v8.5.0.1 problem
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 22:28:00 GMT
Why do you want to scope something that is stateless? I mean stateless
already is some kind of scope, like pooled application scoped. Since you
don't want to have a state in a stateless bean, why using a scope that
will cause destroying the instance after conversation end?

You should maybe consider using POJO beans scoped with whatever you want
for your frontend(backing beans for views) and use something like
application scope, singleton or stateless for your beans in the service
layer.

When this is about transaction handling, I can only recommend you to
reconsider defining transactions in a service level but not in the UI
layer. Transactions should also be as short as possible!

Or is it maybe about entity managers being conversation scoped within
the bean instances? In my opinion this is a bad and error prone
practice. Keep your stuff as stateless as possible and use transaction
scope.

If you have no other choice than keeping on using these scopes for your
beans you will probably have to tweak the class loader configuration as
you already mentioned to make it working or consider using the
javax.context.ConversationScoped annotation. Another option might also
be to move the beans into the web application, but I am not sure if that
will work 100% and I also discourage that.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
*Christian Beikov*
Am 12.12.2012 22:39, schrieb Denis Forveille:
> Bad news: In fact, in practice this does not work for us.
>
> We are moving from seam 2/jsf1.2  to cdi/jsf2.0/codi and we use SLSB
> (Stateless Session Beans) as JSF backing beans.
> Those SLSB may be of scope "ViewScope" (= Seam 2 "PageScope") and need
> to be injected at leats "FacesContext" (to send back messages to the
> browser)
>
> So if we want to use the "@ViewAccessScoped" or "@ViewScope" and or
> other JSF artefacts (FacesMessages etc.) produced by CODI in our
> SLSBs, we need to have the codi-jsf jars visible in the classpath of
> the EJB module.
>
> The initial classloader problem with the jsf CODI jars in ear/lib
> comes because the JSF lifecycle uses JSF CODI classes loaded by
> another classloader than the one used by the WAR
>
> So if we want to setup our application as describes above with CODI,
> we have those options left:
> - configure the application classloader to "WAR classloader policy" to
> "Application/single" instead of "Module/multiple" and put the CODI
> jars in ear/lib and keep PARENT_FIRST for both app and war. Nothing in
> MANIFEST files (Tested OK.)
> - configure the application classloader to "WAR classloader policy" to
> "Application/single" instead of "Module/multiple" and put the JSF CODI
> jars at the root of the ear, put the rest of the CODI modules in
> ear/lib, keep PARENT_FIRST for both, add manifest entries for the WAR
> and EJB modules to the 2 CODI jsf jars (Tested OK)
>
> in brief we need to configure WebSphere to use only one classloader
> for the whole modules of the application  (ejb+jpa+war+dependent jars)
>

> 2012/12/10 Denis Forveille <denis.forveille@gmail.com>:
>> Thanks Thomas for the pointer
>> Yes it is a classloader problem
>> After lots of tries I finally managed to have it working
>> (FI our EAR projects are all split into a JPA module, an EJB module
>> and a WAR module)
>> How I did it:
>> - in ear/lib, define codi (api+impl) and message-module (api+impl)
>> - in web/WEB-INF/lib define codi-jsf20-module (api+impl)
>> - put nothing in web/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
>> - set PARENT_FIRST for both ear and web modules
>>
>> I will continue my tests with a more realistic application, hoping
>> that we will not use any codi "features" in our EJB module that will
>> need to "use" something from the codi-jsf20-module jars.
>>
>> Thx
>>

>> 2012/12/10 Thomas Herzog <t.herzog@curecomp.com>:
>>> We facwd the problem that codi and myfaces interffered together and myfaces could
not start.

>>> We did the following, maybe it helps:
>>>
>>> 1. Manifest entry to codi in webapp.
>>> 2. codi placed in ear/lib or web-inf/lib