myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Extensions-Scripting] Java code changes not getting picked up
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 08:00:46 GMT
Hi Kito, I just got two days from my employer to debug it out, and
frankly spoken the WAS toolchain did not work for me, I got the server
up and running standalone, but I could not deploy the hello world war
(ran out of time to investigate that further probably a missing config
entry)
The combination with Eclipse did not work at all for me.
Have in mind I am not an expert on WAS I never really have used it.
If anyone from the IBM guys is reading this, I could need some help
here. Ext-Scripting would be a great extension for WAS if it could be
made to run on it.

Anyways:

But I was able to debug the thing out for WAS Liberty profile as well as
Glassfish, here is the info on WAS LB (Glassfish should now work out of
the box with the latest snapshot and myfaces in)

I noticed that WAS LB does not unpack the wars as other app servers do,
hence the compilation failed due to the compiler not having the jars
available.
What you can do is following

a) Build the latest snapshot from the trunk, should be self contained
within the maven repos, so no additional work is needed mvn clean
install should suffice.

b) Replace the 1.0.2 jars with the ones from the Snapshot

in your web.xml add following:

    <context-param>
         <description>Some containers do not expand their war/ear files
and do not return a proper classpath for the
         compilers.
         For those you can set an additional classpath as comma
separated list of paths so that the compiler can pick
         up dependencies from other directories. Wildcarding regarding
jar and zip files is allowed.
         </description>

<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.extensions.scripting.ADDITIONAL_CLASSPATH</param-name>

<param-value>/whatever/myfaces20-extscript-helloworld/target/myfaces20-extscript-helloworld-1.0.4-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/*.jar,

/whatever/myfaces20-extscript-helloworld/target/myfaces20-extscript-helloworld-1.0.4-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/classes</param-value>
     </context-param>

adjust the paths to your needs so that the compiler can pick up the
paths with the jars as needed.
This works at least under WAS liberty profile, give it a shot with the
snapshot release.
also one change, the servlet filter is not needed anymore, it still is
in with auto setup, but you wont need the filter in your web.xml
anymore, it either is picked up doing nothing or not does not matter.
(I will remove the servlet filter asap to avoid confusion)

Werner

*

The goal is to

on or off, etc.),