myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Luis Roche <luis.ro...@att.net>
Subject Re: Flash Scope msgs do not show up with immediate=true buttons
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 19:18:32 GMT
Sorry, somehow the email format in my previous email was wrong .

I have the following button:

    <h:commandButton action="#{handler.actionDelete}" value="Delete" immediate="true"/>

As part of the handler.actionDelete, I am adding a message to Flash Scope.

    public String actionDelete() {
    this.service.delete(this.bean);
    FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getFlash().put("infoMessage","OK");
    return "NextPage?faces-redirect=true";
}

I do not see the flash message on the next screen when I press the command button. I will
see the message if immediate is set
to false.

I'm using MyFaces 2.1.8.

Any ideas?