myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [TRINIDAD] JQuery (was: Trinidad is dead -- what do you use instead?)
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:13:23 GMT
+1.  Theme roller would be cool.  The problem is the current skinning
selectors.  I'm wondering if themeroller themes couldn't be parsed
into a skin.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 19, 2012, at 8:08 AM, Leonardo Uribe <lu4242@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Interesting question. In my opinion, the most interesting part to use
> from jQuery is its jQuery UI CSS Framework. Why? because defining some
> small set of selectors and a "standard" html structure to apply them,
> you can create a custom skin using ThemeRoller application. I tried to
> do something as a "proof of concept" in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-2120 , but after some
> time I found that anyway it is necessary to create a whole RenderKit
> that can fit better with jQuery UI. In that way, some good features
> Trinidad already has will be lost, because jQuery UI is the one who
> impose the restrictions. At the end you can't have everything. In my
> opinion, I would take only jQuery UI CSS Framework, even if that means
> lose some functionality in that mode. Change Trinidad internals to use
> jQuery is overkill.
>
> Suggestions are welcome.
>
> regards,
>
> Leonardo Uribe
>
> 2012/6/19  <siyaphakama.sosibo@accenture.com>:
>> Hello Everyone
>>
>> I am a JSF and Trinidad Newbie, I just joined a project at work where it's going
to be using Trinidad. I was assigned a task to design some forms and so far I haven't had
the best experience with Trinidad, The Date Input keeps giving me errors even though I use
the same code as the Trinidad Showcase(http://example.irian.at/trinidad-components-showcase-2012061903/faces/pages/demoStart.xhtml).
The Tabbed Panel is not rendering but its showing the content. My conclusion is I'm having
issues with components that use JavaScript even the Tree and there are no errors showing on
Firebug. Please Help, I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

>> My Opinion:
>>
>> Trinidad looks like a great component library for JSF, but I think its documentation
can use some upgrade, it's confusing for a newbie like me, There is no simple starting point,
e.g. a basic guide, where it going to show basic steps to follow, like Primefaces Guide(http://primefaces.org/documentation.html).
When I played around with Primefaces everything was straightforward but I wish to utilize
Trinidad.

>> Missing Components:
>>
>> Some will agree with me when I say I think a time picker needs to be added to the
Trinidad Library.
>> An improved Date Picker would be a plus, Compare the JQuery Date picker and the Trinidad
Date Picker.

>> Just My Opition
>>
>> Thank You
>>
>> Siya

>> Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including
telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes
of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.