myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject [TRINIDAD] enhancements and bugs (was Re: [TRINIDAD] JQuery)
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:18:24 GMT
Thanks for the input Siya..  If you want to file some improvement
requests in Jira you can.  Then open up a discussion for each new
thing you'd like to see.  If you keep each thread to a single topic,
that would help.

As for the js issue, I know Leonardo filed a bug for the date picker
against IE7, but I'm not aware of any other issues.  Which version of
Firefox are you running?  It sounds like there may be a pretty major
bug if the js isn't working.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 19, 2012, at 7:09 AM, "siyaphakama.sosibo@accenture.com"
<siyaphakama.sosibo@accenture.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone
>
> I am a JSF and Trinidad Newbie, I just joined a project at work where it's going to be
using Trinidad. I was assigned a task to design some forms and so far I haven't had the best
experience with Trinidad, The Date Input keeps giving me errors even though I use the same
code as the Trinidad Showcase(http://example.irian.at/trinidad-components-showcase-2012061903/faces/pages/demoStart.xhtml).
The Tabbed Panel is not rendering but its showing the content. My conclusion is I'm having
issues with components that use JavaScript even the Tree and there are no errors showing on
Firebug. Please Help, I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

> My Opinion:
>
> Trinidad looks like a great component library for JSF, but I think its documentation
can use some upgrade, it's confusing for a newbie like me, There is no simple starting point,
e.g. a basic guide, where it going to show basic steps to follow, like Primefaces Guide(http://primefaces.org/documentation.html).
When I played around with Primefaces everything was straightforward but I wish to utilize
Trinidad.

> Missing Components:
>
> Some will agree with me when I say I think a time picker needs to be added to the Trinidad
Library.
> An improved Date Picker would be a plus, Compare the JQuery Date picker and the Trinidad
Date Picker.

> Just My Opition
>
> Thank You
>
> Siya

> Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone
calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of
security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.