myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [TRINIDAD] JQuery (was: Trinidad is dead -- what do you use instead?)
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 12:14:41 GMT
Yeah, something like this MIGHT work in the case where the styles
'fit' the current DOM.  You're right that there is a lot of
flexibility there.

In any case, I think this approach (integrating theme-roller) has the
most merit because, instead of rewriting Trinidad's JS, we simply
allow JQuery and Trinidad to co-exist under a common look and feel. :D

Now for the $1,000,000 question.  Who wants to do it?

Scott

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 21, 2012, at 3:25 AM, Leonardo Uribe <lu4242@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> .AFDarkAccentBackground:alias {
>    -tr-rule-ref: selector(".ui-widget-content");
> }
>
> Trinidad skinning is already able to read any css and use it to derive
> another skin.
>
> I also tried to override a rendered using this hack:
>
> http://matthiaswessendorf.wordpress.com/2008/02/20/extending-trinidads-default-renderers/
>
> The idea was override <tr:document> to include jQuery script. It works.
>
> We could do a "mixed" strategy. Create a custom RenderKit for trinidad,
> but only override some specific renderers. Also, create a "template" theme
> like is proposed in TRINIDAD-2120 and add it as a skin addition. For
> example:
>
>    <skin>
>        <id>cupertino.desktop</id>
>        <family>cupertino</family>
>        <render-kit-id>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.desktop</render-kit-id>
>    </skin>
>    <skin-addition>
>        <skin-id>cupertino.desktop</skin-id>
>    </skin-addition>
>    <skin-addition>
>        <skin-id>cupertino.desktop</skin-id>
>    </skin-addition>
>
> In that way, you can still use ThemeRoller app / jQuery UI CSS
> Framework to create
> your own skin, and apply it transparently in trinidad.
>
> So, our first task would be try apply a themeroller skin into
> Trinidad, without change any renderer.
> Then, optionally we can try to change the component renderers to use
> some jquery widgets.
>
> WDYT? Suggestions are welcome.
>
> regards,
>
> Leonardo Uribe
>
> 2012/6/21 Leonardo Uribe <lu4242@gmail.com>:
>> Hi
>>
>> I see. We could try that. What I like about that idea is that it
>> reduce the amount of files to be created, and at the end sounds less
>> restrictive and go aligned with the efforts in TRINIDAD-2120.
>>
>> Also, here we have the whole point of the discussion. If we can take
>> some skins and include them in Trinidad, do we really need jQuery
>> inside Trinidad? For example, Trinidad casablanca skin look very good,
>> and it does not suppose use any additional js at all. Note that does
>> not means you cannot use jQuery together with Trinidad, but if you
>> have a way to convert ThemeRoller skins into Trinidad, the code
>> created with jQuery UI could be mixed in a transparent way with
>> Trinidad, because the L & F will look the same. At the end, we could
>> change the question about use jQuery or not into this question: How we
>> can use jQuery UI and create custom widgets and have the same skin
>> applied when using JSF + Trinidad?.
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Leonardo Uribe
>>
>> 2012/6/20 Scott O'Bryan <darkarena@gmail.com>:
>>> Right.  That's kind of why I suggested a style sheet parser.  The idea
>>> is to take some of the styles generated by file roller (the ones that
>>> we can) and use them to generate a Trinidad skinning file.

I tried to
RenderKit
In my

Input