myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject [TRINIDAD] JQuery (was: Trinidad is dead -- what do you use instead?)
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 12:38:02 GMT
;). I was wondering when this discussion was going to rear it's ugly
head again.  ;)

If I remember correctly, the *discussion* was kind of inconclusive on
this.  Many people were excited and, having used JQuery, I can see
why.  There were, however, several issues which needed to be
addressed.  Most notably Javascipt API compatibility and the inability
to quantify exactly what JQuery in Trinidad would gain us.

Some of the guys I work with did some work researching JQuery and
although it's terribly convenient and standardized, we did notice some
performance issues in the fundamentals of the system.  Nothing serious
for the average JavaScript user, but when combined with the complexity
of ADFFaces (a Trinidad Derivative), the performance difference was
notable.

If we want to open up this discussion again, I, for one, would invite
it but at the least I think we're going to be looking at a "plugable"
solution and we really need to ask ourselves what we would gain from
such an endeavor.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone