myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Lim Hock-Chai <Lim.Hock-C...@usamobility.com>
Subject RE: commandlink not working in panelgrid
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 18:51:33 GMT
I added an onclick="alert(#{not empty sessionScope.MyAccountLoginType and sessionScope.MyAccountLoginType==resources.LOGIN_TYPE_MY_ACCOUNT
})" on the commandlink element and the alert showing value of true when I click on the link.

		<h:panelGrid
				rendered="#{not empty sessionScope.MyAccountLoginType and
									sessionScope.MyAccountLoginType==resources.LOGIN_TYPE_MY_ACCOUNT }">
			<h:outputText value=" "/>
			<h:outputText value="|"/>
			<h:commandLink
				immediate="true"
				onclick="alert(#{not empty sessionScope.MyAccountLoginType and sessionScope.MyAccountLoginType==resources.LOGIN_TYPE_MY_ACCOUNT
})"
				style="CURSOR: pointer"
				action="#{commonTaskBean.fromMSAMBackToMyAccount}">
				<h:outputText value="My Account"/>
			</h:commandLink>
			<h:outputText value="|"/>
		</h:panelGrid>

-----Original Message-----
From: Shasi Mitra [mailto:shasimitra@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 1:36 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: commandlink not working in panelgrid

After u click the link also the expression in the rendered attribute is evaluated. That time
it should be returning Faldo and hence ur action isn't being fired. If u remove all the rendered
attributes or keep ur bean in session scope, it should work. Try printing the expression u
gave in the rendered attribute and check.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 9, 2012, at 11:59 PM, Lim Hock-Chai <Lim.Hock-Chai@usamobility.com> wrote:

> I tried both session and request scopes.  Both failed to work.  The thing is that the
commandlink is showing on the page, which would mean that the rendered condition in the panelGroup
or panelgrid is ok.  It just that when I click on the link that is inside the panelgroup/panelgrid,
it does not work.  I even tried not using any rendered condition on the panelGroup/panelGrid,
the link still not working.  Oddest thing.

whether the grid is rendered or not. So if the bean is in request scope, it returns False
and therefore the link's action isn't fired.

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On May 9, 2012, at 9:57 PM, Lim Hock-Chai <Lim.Hock-Chai@usamobility.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm currently using myfaces 1.1.9 for my web app.  I'm having some problems with
commandlink not working correctly for me.  It appears that when commandlink is inside of the
panelgrid, it is not calling the method specified in the action attr.  But it works fine if
I put it outside of the panelgrid.  Strange part is that I've had other jsp that have commandlink
inside datatable and they work fine also.  This is the first time I use it inside a panelgrid.

>> See code below.  The first commandlink is, which is not inside of panelgrid, works
fine.  The 2nd commandlink is inside of panelgrid and it is not working (not calling back-end
bean method)