myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Lim Hock-Chai <Lim.Hock-C...@usamobility.com>
Subject RE: commandlink not working in panelgrid
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 18:29:31 GMT
I tried both session and request scopes.  Both failed to work.  The thing is that the commandlink
is showing on the page, which would mean that the rendered condition in the panelGroup or
panelgrid is ok.  It just that when I click on the link that is inside the panelgroup/panelgrid,
it does not work.  I even tried not using any rendered condition on the panelGroup/panelGrid,
the link still not working.  Oddest thing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shasi Mitra [mailto:shasimitra@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 1:12 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: commandlink not working in panelgrid

Are u sure ur bean is in session scope? Befor the action event is fired, it's verified whether
the grid is rendered or not. So if the bean is in request scope, it returns False and therefore
the link's action isn't fired.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 9, 2012, at 9:57 PM, Lim Hock-Chai <Lim.Hock-Chai@usamobility.com> wrote:

> I'm currently using myfaces 1.1.9 for my web app.  I'm having some problems with commandlink
not working correctly for me.  It appears that when commandlink is inside of the panelgrid,
it is not calling the method specified in the action attr.  But it works fine if I put it
outside of the panelgrid.  Strange part is that I've had other jsp that have commandlink inside
datatable and they work fine also.  This is the first time I use it inside a panelgrid.

> See code below.  The first commandlink is, which is not inside of panelgrid, works fine.
 The 2nd commandlink is inside of panelgrid and it is not working (not calling back-end bean
method)