myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Conversation Scope in JSF 2.0
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 08:51:31 GMT
> Because of that, we're now in the process of switching to CODI that it's
> fully serializable, and allows the session to be persisted/distributed.

Yes, but please be aware that the EntityManager is still NOT Serializable! Even if some JPA
providers claim it, they will loose state on serialisation!

I triggered a discussion on the JPA EG regarding this. See http://java.net/jira/browse/JPA_SPEC-21

It's really annoying that JPA is still borked even after so many years :/ Feel free to vote
for the spec issue as it seems that this still will be ignored because of political reasons
(the different JPA vendors basically do not agree how to solve this best).

LieGrue,
strub