myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to build a JSF 2.0 (MyFaces/Facelets) Project
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:59:35 GMT
Am 15.03.12 01:33, schrieb Guy Rouillier:
> On 3/14/2012 12:47 PM, ayouB __ wrote:
>>
>> Hello every one,
>>
>> I have sent a mail before that one where i explained problems i faced
>> while configuring the developpement environnement, unfortunately that
>> let me no where i spent a lot of time trying to find a solution but i
>> didn't anyway thank you all for your replies and your collaboration :)
>> The problem now is how to create and configure a jsf project under
>> eclipse helios IDE, what JARs i need, how to dowload them and where
>> can i find them, what version, and where should i put them (in my
>> class path, in my web app ...).
>> I'm really confused and i don't know what to do ! Please Help ^_^
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/jsf/main.php

My personal opinion is if you want to get started with JSF dont bother
with Eclipse just use Netbeans and whatever comes bundled with it
(Mojarra in that case). It simply is a way superior plug and play
solution than whatever comes with Eclipse. The IDE generally is easier
to handle for beginners and less flakey.

But thats just my 2c.
Maven etc... is a little bit to hard and given how flakey Eclipses Maven
plugin was the last time I had a look at it I cannot recommend it.