myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Paul Nicolucci <pnico...@us.ibm.com>
Subject MyFaces AnnotationLifecycleProvider Questions
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 04:37:28 GMT

Hey Everyone,

I have a couple of questions regarding the MyFaces
AnnotationLifecycleProviders.

1) I see that the default AnnotationLifeCycleProvider for MyFaces 2.0 is
one specifically for Tomcat.  In order for MyFaces to resolve the new
MyFaces 2.0 specific annotations a server needs to implement their own
specific AnnotationLifecycleProvider correct? For example Tomcat has their
own specific one by default, and then WebSphere and other servers need
their specific Providers?

2) If no AnnotationLifecycleProvider is provided by the server is there a
way in MyFaces to "plug" in an annotation and injection engine?

Just looking for some clarification so I have a full understanding of this
functionality.

Thanks

Paul Nicolucci